Today is the last day of term! ENJOY!
Good morning Year 3. Final day of the spring term today. We hope you have enjoyed the topic this term. Miss Manzie and Miss Houston certainly have enjoyed teaching Crime busters!
Riddle: A man is pushing his car along the road and he comes to a hotel. He shouts, "I'm bankrupt!" Why?
- Pages 22 and 23 of your English work book
- Pages 22 and 23 of your maths work book
- 20 minutes of spelling shed
- 20 minutes of reading
If you have finished your maths and English pages, why don’t you try these maths questions. We had a look at division at the beginning of this term. Choose a challenge and have a go at working these division sums out, don’t forget to show your working.
30 ÷ 5 =
16 ÷ 2 =
40 ÷ 10 =
20 ÷ 2 =
28 ÷ 4 =
24 ÷ 3 =
36 ÷ 3 =
24 ÷ 4 =
63 ÷ 7 =
81 ÷ 9 =
72 ÷ 6 =
48 ÷ 12 =
Extra maths challenge: Finished the above? Why not try this division word search challenge? The sheet is attached below. It talks about a division equation, just think of that a division number sentence.
If you are unsure how to solve some of these questions have a look at the video of Miss Houston explaining some methods, you could use. I would suggest using the last strategy in the video to help you with the *** challenge.
- French numbers challenge. I have attached a sheet that tells you the numbers 1-20 in French. Can you learn them? You could make a video of yourself saying them, this might help others learn them as well, or you could make a colourful eye-catching poster that will help you remember them.
- FLURRISH TEST DAY! Practise your times tables however you can! We recommend challenging your family to beat you on hit the button! If you send us your high score we’ll try to beat it as well:
- Today is the last Mr Higgins challenge of the term. Can you do the cupid shuffle? Send in your videos of you having a go! Don’t fancy that? Well don’t forget to check out the other PE options you can do. They are listed in a previous blog.
- Why not try day 10 of the Lego challenge, remember you can draw it if you don’t have any Lego.
Have a lovely Easter holidays and stay in touch. Myself and Miss Manzie will still be posting on the blog daily and do our Zoom story over the holidays, these will be on a Monday, Wednesday and Friday. On the blog we will post more creative and relaxing activities each day. You can do none of them or all of them, there is no pressure for it to be done that day either. It is there if you aren’t sure what to do next.
SUMMER TERM TOPIC! This is a VERY good one next term (I always say that). The topic is called ‘WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD’. Miss Houston and Miss Manzie have been looking forward to this topic all year. We will be learning about the rainforest, which means we are going to be looking at the plants and animals that live there. We will look at the Amazon rainforest and the impact humans have had on it. We are also going to be watching a LOT of David Attenborough.
Have a wonderful break and don’t forget to stay in touch!
Team year 3!!