Parent/carer newsletter around online safety
Hertfordshire publish a really useful and parent friendly newsletter each term which gives you pointers and valuable advice - these can viewed at the bottom of this page.
The most recent one has links to guidance around age and content ratings on apps and games and child friendly search engines.
Our school Online Safety Policy can also be viewed here or below.
Support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online includes:
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- London Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers
In addition to the above, did you know that online activity can be monitored via your broadband provider to ensure that your child stays safe on the Internet? GoCompare, have also compiled a guide to broadband parental controls and Internet safety for children - check their guide out for further information at https://www.gocompare.com/broadband/parental-controls/