Activities for Monday 23rd and overview
Hi Year 6!
Each day we will upload the page numbers from your new books that you are expected to complete (Core Tasks). You should also look to complete some online activities, such as spelling shed, maths shed or SPAG.com (new activities will be loaded weekly there). (Maths shed log in is the same as your spelling shed one - if you have any issues, please get in touch with us via email). The CGP book pages are put up as a guide from the 10-11 book, but if you have a different level book it's just the same pages from those books. Later on in the day the answers will be uploaded (please check other year groups if using a different book). Mr Higgins will also be setting sporting activities and challenges on twitter @TudorSport
As well as this, there will be a few different activities uploaded such as writing, science or topic (Additional activities). Please try and complete some of these activities - we'd love to see what you create. These will be the same throughout the week and you should look to complete a few throughout the week. Also feel free to come up with your own ideas and share these via email.
Find at least 20 minutes each day to read a book. Complete your reading record as normal and write in the pages you have read each day.
If you're having trouble accessing any of the activities, or need anything else, please contact us on 6Y@tudor.herts.sch.uk or 6Z@tudor.herts.sch.uk
Lastly, we look forward to seeing you back in school, but until then stay safe, wash your hands, and try not to drive your parents/ carers mad!
Mr Munro and Miss Cohen
Core Tasks For Monday
Maths - page 4 and 5 - multiplying whole numbers and decimals
English - page 4 and 5 - Standard English and Formal Language
Reading Fiction - Page 6 and 7 - Playground problem fact retrieval questions
English Writing Tasks
- Write a diary entry with at least 4 paragraphs. You can make up what happened if you are stuck with what to write.
- Write a story about exploring an unknown region (Antarctica/Space/Rainforest). Remember ‘Who, Where, Where next, Why, What goes wrong, Who helps, Where last and feelings’.
- If you could have any fictional character as your best friend, who would you choose and why? What would you do together?
- Write an acrostic poem about spring. Remember to use the letters S-P-R-I-N-G to start each line.
Remember the expectations for ALL writing:
Success Criteria (check your CGP English book if you need reminding about these):
- Capital letters and full stops
- Adverbs of manner and time
- Prepositional phrases
- A variety of sentence starters (if you start with an adverbial, use a comma after it)
- Subordinating conjunctions: because, when, while, if, although, however
- Co-ordinating conjunctions: and but so or
- Apostrophes/ a/ an/ inverted commas as appropriate
- Relative clauses (who, which, that)
- Range of punctuation , “ - : ; () …
- Cohesive devices (Pronouns, synonyms and time connectives)
- Create a portrait of a famous person in history using whatever materials you have.
- Find out about as many new countries as possible from around the world – what do their flags look like? What are they famous for?
- Design your own flag for your house.