Wednesdays pages - keep it up!
Core Tasks For Wednesday
Maths: Page 8 and 9 - Long Division
English: Page 8 and 9 - Colons and Semi Colons
Reading (fiction): Page 10 and 11 - Word meaning, summary and prediction questions
Remember to read each day, complete some spelling shed, maths shed and SPAG.com (new tasks have been uploaded)
Also here are the additional tasks for the week (these are the same as uploaded earlier this week):
English Writing Tasks
- Write a diary entry with at least 4 paragraphs. You can make up what happened if you are stuck with what to write.
- Write a story about exploring an unknown region (Antarctica/Space/Rainforest). Remember ‘Who, Where, Where next, Why, What goes wrong, Who helps, Where last and feelings’.
- If you could have any fictional character as your best friend, who would you choose and why? What would you do together?
- Write an acrostic poem about spring. Remember to use the letters S-P-R-I-N-G to start each line.
Remember the expectations for ALL writing:
Success Criteria (check your CGP English book if you need reminding about these):
- Capital letters and full stops
- Adverbs of manner and time
- Prepositional phrases
- A variety of sentence starters (if you start with an adverbial, use a comma after it)
- Subordinating conjunctions: because, when, while, if, although, however
- Co-ordinating conjunctions: and but so or
- Apostrophes/ a/ an/ inverted commas as appropriate
- Relative clauses (who, which, that)
- Range of punctuation , “ - : ; () …
- Cohesive devices (Pronouns, synonyms and time connectives)
- Create a portrait of a famous person in history using whatever materials you have.
- Find out about as many new countries as possible from around the world – what do their flags look like? What are they famous for?
- Design your own flag for your house.
Good luck and remember to check the answers and try and correct any mistakes.
You can always email us with any questions