We are working to create a whole school community where everyone feels valued, accepted and able to contribute. This is based in an atmosphere of mutual respect and tolerance, supported by our positive behaviour policy and equal opportunities policies.
We believe children learn best when they feel happy, secure and confident. At Tudor we place a strong emphasis on the right of all children to a broad and balanced curriculum, which meets their individual needs.
We feel that learning is most effective when children are actively engaged in first hand experiences, planning, investigating, evaluating and communicating.
- To foster children's self-esteem and develop a sense of pride in themselves and their achievements.
- To teach a broad and balanced curriculum so that children may develop their academic, creative, aesthetic and physical abilities.
- To enable children to achieve their personal best by high expectations and by an appreciation of individuality so that each may progress at an appropriate rate.
- To provide learning experiences, which are stimulating, challenging and purposeful.
- To provide a secure and caring environment in which children gain confidence both academically and socially. To enable children to develop as considerate and responsible members of the school community showing good citizenship.
- To enable children to develop understanding and respect for religious, moral and cultural diversity.
- To ensure equal opportunities for all.
- To work in partnership with parents, governors and the local community in order to achieve our aims and to be of service.