Welcome to Tudor Primary School...
I am keen to ensure that our website gives you an insight into Tudor Primary and the fun, energy, excitement and enjoyment that permeates our school.
'Pupils of all ages are well behaved, polite, keen and confident. They enjoy learning and get on with it enthusiastically in class' (Ofsted, March 2017)
As Ofsted instantly recognised, our steadily expanding school is a very special place and I am very excited at how Tudor is continuing to evolve so that we can meet the needs of our school community.
'The school's inclusive culture and its strong ethos, values and sense of community promote...development effectively.' (Ofsted, March 2017)
Ofsted visited us in March 2017 and the report shares the success of the journey of rapid progress that the school is making. As the report states:
'Pupils, especially disadvantaged pupils, are making rapid progress.' (Ofsted, March 2017)
'The most able pupils achieve well.' (Ofsted, March 2017)
At Tudor we have a very clear vision of what we want the school to become. Communication is key to sharing this 'journey' and the leaders of our school would recommend that you look at the newsletters and 'Headteacher News Updates' so that you can understand just how much (and how quickly) Tudor is responding to the requirements of being a successful two form entry school.
Innovation in teaching as well as changes to the school site have been identified so we can ensure that we all fulfil our potential.
'Priorities selected for action... are the right ones moving forward.' (Ofsted, March 2017)
We offer an exciting and stimulating environment where children are encouraged to become independent. We believe that all children have the right to a broad and balanced curriculum, which meets their individual needs and 'prepares them well for life in modern Britain.' We have a committed staff team and we welcome children from all backgrounds and capabilities, involving them fully in the life of the school.
'Staff feel valued, are well supported and are prud to work at the school.' (Ofsted, March 2017)
We aim to work in partnership with our parents to ensure that each child in our care can achieve their full potential in all areas of their development.
We will do all that we can to ensure that your child will be happy and make good progress at Tudor Primary School and that there are many opportunities for you to share in the life and learning of the school.
'Relationships are strong in all classes and this lends confidence to pupils' learning. Teachers manage pupil' behaviour well so that learning proceeds without interruption.' (Ofsted, March 2017)
At Tudor Primary School, we aim to work in partnership with parents to achieve the following for each child:
- to provide a high quality education for each child in our care.
- to provide an exciting, creative and stimulating curriculum and learning environment.
- to encourage children to develop an awareness and respect for other people’s needs and rights and concern for the world we live in
- to develop habits of self-discipline and good behaviour.
- to encourage and motivate children so they develop self-confidence and take pride and pleasure in their achievements.
- to provide a safe, secure and welcoming school for children, parents, staff and visitors.
As a staff team we achieve this by:
- valuing all children and knowing each child well.
- believing that what we do makes a difference to each child’s life chances.
- having consistently high expectations of children and one another.
- caring and showing it.
Tudor School is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils. Enhanced DBS checks are carried out on all our staff. We also offer a pre-school facility, for children aged 2 years up to nursery.
'A culture of shared responsibility for everyone to safeguard pupils.' (Ofsted, March 2017)
'The school's systems and record keeping are of high quality to ensure that no pupils slip through the net.' (Ofsted, March 2017)
If you would like to know more about Tudor, or wish to arrange a visit, please contact us at:
- Tudor School, Redwood Drive, Hemel Hempstead, HP3 9ER
- Telephone: 01442 256294 or
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Rob Weightman