Raising the profile of VALUES at Tudor...
Values based Education (VbE)
At Tudor Primary School it is our aim to raise standards by promoting a school ethos that is underpinned by core values. These values support the development of the whole child as a reflective learner within a calm, caring, happy and purposeful atmosphere.
At Tudor, we give regular thought to how values can be used to support the child as a reflective learner and promote quality teaching and learning.
Children who showed Tolerance during the months of April and May, and were nominated by their families, class teacher or peers were:
Cassia, Briar-Rose, Aiden, Reid, Maisy, Mason, Isabella, Lucia, Oliver, Janelle (Year 1); Milan, Grace, JJ, Noa (Year 2); Jacob, Mia (Year 3); Isla, Sam (Year 4); Louise, Chloe, Jamie, Joshua (Year 5); Lucy, Joseph (Year 6)
Congratulations to all of those children.
The value for the month of June is 'Trust'.
Trusting someone is like knowing you can jump and they will be there to catch you.” Anon
What is trust?
- To believe that someone is good and honest and will not hurt you.
- To believe that something is safe and reliable.
- To believe what people say.
How can you be trustworthy?
- Be honest by telling the truth.
- Follow rules.
- If you find something, return it to its owner.
- Be careful of what you say you’ll do. Only say you will do the things you think you really can do.
- Be true to your word.
- Don’t gossip, or say things that hurt people.
Things to talk about at home
- Who can you trust in school to help you if you are worried about something?
- Are you a trustworthy friend?
- How do you show that you are trustworthy?
- Can you have a friendship without trust?
- Why is it important to trust others when working as a team?
- What does it mean to ‘trust your instincts’?
- Who can you trust to help you if something doesn’t feel right?
Please do read the parent newsletters below and view the assembly that your child would have been part of as we launch this important value.
We always love to hear positive stories of the impact of our work together, both at home and at school. Please send a note in to your child’s class teacher or the school office and they will pass anything on to me – I’d love to hear from you. .
We will be working hard to demonstrate and celebrate this value through all we do this month.